Worldwide Annual Consumption of CRA
- Strategy #5 and Strategy#6 provided figures for 13Cr and duplex steel.
- For the worldwide consumption of CRA, the figures in both reports have been combined.
- The global consumption of OCTG for 13Cr was estimated to be 555,000 tonnes. The global consumption of OCTG for 25Cr was estimated to be 2.77 million tonnes. Their sum equals 3.325 million tonnes (this was inputted into cell I23).
- Other cells changed in the spreadsheet are D51 and D52. The values that were calculated in the spreadsheet were not touched.
Summary of Figures Collected in Previous Strategies
Below is a summary of the figures collected in previous strategies that could not be inputted in the spreadsheet.
- Strategy #1 provided a summary of diverse market related to alloys and provided revenue and production figures for key competitors.
- The global CRA market is expected to be $9.64 billion by 2025, the European CRA market was valued at $1.38 billion in 2016 with a CAGR of 6.5% from 2017 to 2025, and the global demand for cobalt-based alloys was valued at $377.8 million in 2016.
- Tenaris had an annual revenue of $7.659 billion and produced 2.694 million tonnes of seamless pipes and 877,000 tonnes of welded pipes in 2018. Hitachi Metals had an annual revenue of ¥988.3 billion ($9.09 billion)
- Strategy #2 provided figures of OCTG in the Middle East, production figures for Vallourec and production figures using the JIT manufacturing process.
- In 2020, OCTG consumption in the Middle East is expected to reach 1.36 million tonnes. Vallourec produces up to 40,000 tonnes of 13% Cr and Super 13% Cr alloys each year. The JIT (Just In Time) manufacturing process is used to produce over 4,354 total metric tons of CRA alloys.
- Strategy #3 provided the market share of Nickel-based alloys, the European CRA market size (which was already provided in Strategy #1), and the growth rate for Nickel-based alloys.
- Nickel-based alloys is currently 50% of the high-performance alloys market. Nickel-based alloys had the largest market share in 2016 and a CAGR of 7.1%.
- Strategy #4 provided production figures on competitors and the price of an L80 premium connection OCTG.
- Sumitomo can manufacture around 24,000 tonnes of chrome OCTG annually. Sandvik and Tubacex have an annual capacity of 6,000 tonnes each of chrome OCTG.
The average price of L80 premium connection OCTG in the Middle East is $1,500 per ton in Jan 2018.
Strategy #5, 6, 7
- Strategy # 5 and Strategy #6 provided figures on the global consumption of OCTG including a breakdown over the regions and the global consumption of 13 Cr and 25Cr tubes as well as a breakdown over the region. These figures were used in the spreadsheet and will not be repeated here.
- Strategy #7 focused on populating the spreadsheet and provided information already found in Strategy #5 and Strategy#6. This will not be repeated.
- Strategy #8 provided the global market size for Duplex and Super Duplex, the projected figure in 2026 and their market share.
- The global market size for Duplex (Cr 13) and Super Duplex steel pipe (Cr 25) is currently valued at $440 million and is projected to grow to $540 million by 2026. Duplex and Super Duplex stainless steels currently make up less than 5% of total steel production worldwide.